A five day camp national event for 12 to 19 year old girls
About Purely Girls
Purely Girls is a five day camp national event attended by 120+ teenage girls from throughout NZ and the Pacific countries. The girls have fun celebrating life and purity, are pampered and reminded that they are loved and cherished just for who they are! It features great speakers, panel sessions and small group discussions, praise & worship, games and sports, fashion show and a royal banquet on the Friday night.
Purely Girls has been happening in New Zealand every April school holidays since 2007.
Purely Girls was founded in 2006 by Dr Ate Moala. Ate and her husband Mark Sherwood are medical doctors in Wellington. They have two daughters and a son. The camp is run by a team of volunteers, parents and adults who are also available to mentor and support the girls throughout the year.
The sessions at Purely Girls explore topics such as:
- Dare to Dream (Go for your Destiny – reach for the stars in ALL of life)
- She is Beautiful (Inner and outer beauty, self-esteem)
- Dare to be Pure (Purity – a gift to be treasured, cherished and celebrated)
- She is Confident (Keys for Success in ALL of life)
- She is Connected (Healthy relationships – parents, friends, boys, others)
- She is Secure (Boundaries, Dating etc)
- She is Loved (Invitation to intimacy with God)
- Celebrating the unique treasures in a girl